Are you a new parent or caregiver of a baby that isn’t familiar with babywearing or the different types of baby carriers? Do you love the wrap or carrier you have, but want to learn more about different types of carriers? Are you someone who wants to babywear but are unfamiliar with how to do it safely?
Then, friends – we have just the thing for you!
On Saturday, June 21st, BWI of Central Indiana is putting on an Introduction to Babywearing Seminar! The Intro to Babywearing Seminar will be led by your BWI of CI babywearing educators and will include the following information:
– How to Safely wear baby in any carrier (including general safety guidelines as well as carrier specific safety concerns)
– Baby Carrier 101, including what are slings (ring and pouch), soft-structured carriers (and the differences between SSC’s like the Ergo, Boba, Beco, etc.), and Mei Tai’s. We’ll chat about how each of these carriers can be worn and with what ages of children.
– Wrapping 101, including the difference between woven and stretchy wraps. We’ll also talk a bit further about woven wraps (including the differences between wrap sizing and what wrap is a good base size for you).
– Babywearing by budget, where we’ll outline some fantastic low cost options in each category as well as talk about the differences between the lower cost and higher cost wraps and carriers.
– Hot topics in babywearing, such as recalled carriers, narrow based (or commonly called crotch-danglers), forward facing baby in a carrier.
If this sounds of interest to you, come join us at the Noblesville Hamilton East Public Library on Saturday, June 21st at 10:00a!
(Of note, this will be a bit more formal than our typical meetings. While children are welcome as always, this seminar will be more presentation-style. We will have seating available for up to 50, so please come a few minutes early to be sure you’ll grab a seat!)